For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Friday 16 September 2011

Oh dear


You may have read in my last post that I said a very silly thing to my Beloved.
See I put my foot down.
However, a few minutes later I felt even worse.

My hearing isn't what it used to be, and it turned out that what my beloved actually said was:

"I really need some sticks now"

She was putting some plants in a pot, and needed some bamboo sticks as supports.

Nope

This was not what I heard.

My Beloved is also going a wee bit deaf, but in this particular case, my error was grossly exaggerated by the context.

From her point of view, she asked me to help with a trivial piece of gardening and I responded by saying I didn't love her any more.

Roma locuta est. Causa finita est

She has spoken.  I am doomed.

9 comments:

  1. Soooory TSB - not been able to get onto your blog (and indeed many others) for AGES. Glad to see you are just as you were when I left. Although it looks like divorce may be imminent... :-0

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry TSB, but it's a fair cop.
    I can only repeat AG's prophetic words:
    "A brave (and very, very stupid) man."

    ReplyDelete
  3. AliX: Not divorce...it's much worse than that.

    Richard[of RBB]:*sigh* probably

    Patience_crabstick: Not so much the NZ accent, more old age and deteriorating hearing. And preoccupation with the Rugby on the TV. I really must pay more attention to what my Beloved is actually saying.......when she actually starts talking to me again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, you didn't hear about the great east coast earthquake?

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14634730

    http://patience-crabstick.blogspot.com/2011/08/girl-walks-into-coffee-shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda in Chile: Did. Not working as yet. Will try advanced grovelling (with whimpering) tomorrow.

    Patience_Crabstick: Wow,I'm sorry, I didn't know it was that big. Magnitude 5.8 is no joke. We tend to get a bit blasé about quakes down here, but I wouldn't like to be anything over 5.5. I've always been under the impression that Virginia was tectonically stable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter