For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Friday 8 October 2010

Last Day

No, this is not a reference to the Last of Days of the Bible or Buffy, it is the last real holiday day of this break.  Weekends don't really count, as they're always "Days Off".
School is already looming on the horizon, and the bag of marking and planning I took home 2 weeks ago is growing larger and larger in my imagination.  It sits by the side of my bookcase, and every time I even glance at it, it seems to grow, and beams guilt in my direction.
Sod it, it's my holidays, it can wait until next week.
The weather isn't as great as yesterday, it looks like we might get some showers later.  I might have time to get the lawns mowed, the strawberries and tomatoes planted a d the flower beds weeded (again) before it rains.
We're planning on flying back to the UK at Christmas to see my Dad, Daughter, Family and friends, and I cannot believe how expensive it is, nor how quickly it can change.  The Air NZ price is about $3350, but as I was doing a search on Expedia I saw a price at $3200, but before I could actually book it, it disappeared.  I also saw that the price in April drops to $2600.  Seriously thinking about that.  It would mean only having about 10 days in the UK (I refuse to ask for extra weeks off, we get enough holidays as it is), but the big money saving grabs my Scottish roots.
Oh well, mustn't get too maudlin, at least I don't have to drive all the way up to the Bay of Plenty like poor old Richard [of RBB], or prostitute myself to a casting director like Basket Guy.

Never mind, sometimes I actually look forward to getting back to school, and helping my younger female colleagues to improve their teaching practices.


Here's a couple of jokes to finish of with.

Q. What do you call an Australian farmer with a sheep under each arm?
A. A pimp
 
An Australian love story about Bruce and Shiela


Bruce is driving over the Sydney Harbour Bridge one day when he sees his girlfriend Sheila about to throw herself off.
Bruce slams on the brakes and yells, "Sheila, what the hell d'ya think ya doin?".
Sheila turns around with a tear in her eye and says, "G'day Bruce. Ya got me pregnant and so now I'm gonna kill meself."
Bruce gets a lump in his throat when he hears this.
"Sheila," he says, "not only are ya a top shag, but you're a real sport too", and drives off.

1 comment:

  1. I think Bruce should have turned around and called 111!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter