For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Thursday 22 July 2010

Thursday, and the worst is (probably) over

We're over the half-way mark, and we've survived. Exhaustion levels increasing, but I think I'm getting used to it, as I don't quite feel as bad emotionally.
I feel a strange excitement as my new mobile phone gets activated today. It is stupid to feel anything about a piece of technology, but it's one of those free ones from Telstra, and there is nothing quite as satisfying to a Scotsman as getting something for free. The feeling can only be surpassed by getting Whisky for free. That way lies bliss.

Just finished updating my website last night. I started it a couple of years ago initially as a practical teaching tool, to allow me to experiment with HTML, then I started to add on some pages about New Zealand, then used it as a repository for photos of us in Kiwiland, so my family and friends back in Scotland and around the world could look at the photos with needing to download them.
Feel free to have a look. I would be grateful if you could comment on any mistakes you spot about New Zealand, or if you have any extra vocabulary you want added to the language section.

6 comments:

  1. 'm glad that you have written another post - not so much for the content - more so for creating distance from that previous post with the very disturbing images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! But what is this big phallic statue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I concur! But what is this big phallic statue? "

    It's the statue of Bliss.

    Actially outside Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas.

    Named after Lieutenant Colonel William Wallace Smith Bliss, who died of Yellow Fever in 1853.

    Who said the Internet was not educational?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm glad that you have written another post - not so much for the content - more so for creating distance from that previous post with the very disturbing images."

    I'm sorry if you found it disturbing. I didn't find it that disturbing. Here in Nuova Lazio such sights are commonplace. Especially outside the music department, where highly-strung Double Basses are the preferred instrument of execution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With such a big phallic statue dedicated to him I wonder why he was called Mr Bliss?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter